MANGO SHAKE & MANGO STORAGE
How to Store Mangoes:
- Method 1: Mango Cubes
- Aam (Mangoes)
- Method 2: Mango Puree
- Mango Cubes
- Cheeni (Sugar) 1 tbs
- Mango Milkshake:
- Frozen mango cubes 1 Cup
- Doodh (Milk) 1 & ½ Cups
- Cheeni (Sugar) to taste
- Badam (Almonds) sliced
How to Store Mangoes:
Method 1: Mango Cubes
Peel mango and cut into cubes.
Can be stored (Ziploc bag) in freezer for up to 6 months.
Method 2: Mango Puree
In blender jar,add mango cbes,sugar and blend to make a puree.
Can be stored in freezer for up to 6 months.
In blender jar,add frozen mango cubes,milk,sugar and blend until well combined.
Garnish with almonds & serve!
I recently attended BlogHer Food in Austin, Texas and learned a ton of great information. While we spent a lot of time in classes learning to be better food bloggers, we also had the chance to meet several brands as well. One of the brands that I met was the National Mango Board. They were nice enough to send me a box of mangoes to enjoy. I’ll be totally honest with you here. The only way I have ever tried a mango before was in a fruit cocktail. Yes, I’ve walked by them in the grocery store a number of times but I’ve never been sure exactly what to do with them once I brought them home. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Of course, I have found that one of the best things to do with mangoes is to eat them when you get them. They can be sliced and added to yogurt or cereal or eaten fresh. I also discovered that they are delicious in a smoothie!
Now, here I was faced with not one but five mangoes. I realized that I had known nothing at all about mango storage. I wanted to make these treats last as long as possible so we can enjoy them. Here is what I learned about mango storage.
- Mangoes can be stored in your pantry or on your counter for two to five days until ripe.
- If you want to them to ripen faster, you can store them on your counter in a brown paper bag.
- How do you know if mangoes are ripe? It will give slightly, much like a fresh peach will.
- Once mangoes are ripe, they should be stored in the refrigerator. How long do mangoes last in the fridge? They will stay good for about five to seven days once they are ripe.
- Can you freeze whole mangoes? It’s best to use this technique. Wash, peel and slice mangoes. Freeze them on a cookie sheet & then transfer to plastic containers. Store ten to twelve months. When it comes to cutting mangoes,